Thursday, August 18, 2011

Schedule

Here's the plan.

Saturday AM: Kevin arrives super early in the morning to start scraping the old shingles off the garage. I arrive at a reasonable time in the morning to start on our inside projects. Our friend, Tracy, arrives and begins the overwhelming job of cleaning the house top to bottom. Our friend, Andrea arrives to help. My parents arrive by 9 am to start helping. Dad goes to the garage and Mom and I begin taking out the carpet in two rooms upstairs.

My dad estimated that the garage roof is not likely to make it through another winter and this weekend works for he and my husband to replace it.

Except for Tracy (sorry, my friend), the rest of us women will be taking out carpet in Ethan's bedroom and the full bath on the 2nd floor. Ethan's bedroom is the only one with carpet right now. The padding has all deteriorated and there are wood floors underneath. (I checked.) I just hope they are in excellent shape.

The bathroom. Ugh. It will eventually get remodeled, but for now the carpet is coming out. Who carpets the bathroom?? Gross. So, we're pulling that out too and planned on just throwing down some cheap remnant of laminate flooring to make due until said renovation. However, rumor has it there may be marble under that carpet. Marble! We shall see...

3 comments:

  1. You are awesome. PLEASE start taking a ton of before pics. (I'm sure you have.)

    AND, be so very careful of lead poisoning with all of that scraping...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,, I want to see before, WIP, and after pictures.
    Also, of you and the fam. We have to see those too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great to be able to help with the cleaning, roofing, etc Saturday and Sunday. Blessings to you in your new home.

    ReplyDelete