Monday, September 26, 2011

Total bust

Well, after I was so excited to go to the auction on Saturday, we came home with nothing.

Okay, not nothing. There was another auction at the fairgrounds at the same time and I got a cake plate. :)

But, no toilet, no shower, no sink or vanity, no flooring. Total bummer. Now, it's not that they didn't have any of those things. There were several options, but we are just looking for something particular.

They had a number of really tricked out shower units, but this is what they looked like.

When your house is built in the 1900s, this isn't exactly the look you go for. It would have been totally cool, but it doesn't go with the rest of the house at all.

Ditto on the toilets. Although, if you were looking for a black or gray one, they had those. And the ones with a dual flush system.

But, alas, none that fit our needs. And the vanities and pedestal sinks were too big or the wrong style too.

So, we came home with a cake plate, and our bathroom remains as is for now.

4 comments:

  1. Not sure if you need/want a trip to Goshen, but on Thursdays there is an auction out at Peddler's Village. It's hit or miss as well, but since Grandma and Grandpa live here you could always just go and check it out... : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Total bummer! But I bet it was fun to see all the stuff and dream of a futuristic house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure someone has suggested it, but have you checked out ReStore in Lima. It can be as hit or miss as an auction, but they may have something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Rachel! I've perused the one in Lima, but without any real intent so I think I'll have to go check again. I also want to check out the one in Findlay. I wonder if Toledo has one. I bet they would have a lot of stuff from old houses...

    ReplyDelete