Friday, September 23, 2011

So, it's been a little quiet...

Admittedly, it's been quiet on this here blog.

Why?

Um, did you forget that we just moved?

So, we've been unpacking and trying to arrange some furniture, rugs, and other random stuff that we seem to have accumulated. Oh, and plan. This house requires some planning.

That being said, I have my sights set on the bathroom on the main level. It used to be a full bath, and we have plans to make it that way again. We are headed to the Allen County Fairgrounds tomorrow for a big "home stuff" auction. I hear it is loved by contractors who are able to score some sweet, brand new stuff for super cheap.

Check out the auctioneers' website.

People come from all over for these auctions. I mean, seriously, they have a list of hotels and truck rental companies on the page. That's CRAZY!

I'm totally pumped. I CAN NOT wait!! I'm hoping to score some serious bath products: sink, toilet, shower and surround, flooring, etc. We'll see. We want to keep our remodels period-appropriate for the house so it really depends on what they have.

Wish us luck! And, I will be updating after the auction to let you know where we came out.

In other news, I've been setting up appointments with various companies to come in and do some quotes. Fun stuff. More about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment